Thursday, March 1, 2007

And now squiddly-diddly is a 'relationship wrecker'...

Those who know me and my activities well, will recall that squiddly-diddly was the avatar I had donned during my first blogging attempt. And those who've read the first post on this blog would further recall that squiddly has been laid to rest, to give way to the 'wiser' and more 'mature' Confuse-ius. But I feel neither wise nor mature now. Infact, I feel like Squiddly all over again. So I am sure you'll excuse me if I slip into squiddly-mode and muse on my personal life in public (which by the way, some people think I shouldn't do, because those people are my 'personal life', so to speak..hee hee). The matter is pretty simple really. Yours truly, yes me of all people, has been labeled a 'relationship wrecker'..not a bad thing, if you consider that Angelina Jolie was labeled thus once, and anything that puts me in the same league as that woman should be a matter of pride, I guess..but that's not the point, as usual.

I am having an extremely hard time believing that someone would actually think I could pose a threat to a relationship. I guess part of the reason is that the girlfriend has never met me and so does not realize how laughably baseless her fears are. I lack most of those feminine charms that endear menfolk to the fairer sex, and as a very good male friend puts it, I'm just like 'one of the guys'. But there's no-one to explain all of that to the girlfriend. And all this without even taking into consideration that her boyfriend isn't all that 'hot' himself (there's another cutie in office that I am currently eyeing, but who is to tell Ms. Girlfriend that???). So the state of affairs as I see it stand like this (and mind you, I use the term 'affairs' lightly) : a girlfriend who's upset because her guy has been a little too pal-ly with me in the recent past, and a bewildered me who is flattered on the one hand to be thought of as competition, while simultaneously wondering why anyone in their right mind would think of me as so. Last I heard, the boyfriend had been given an ultimatum : it was either me or the girlfriend.

The boyfriend asked me if I'd care to write a mail to the girlfriend, exlaining how things really were : I saw no point, she'd never believe me, and I simply didn't see the point in trying to justify my existence. I really don't see it as a matter in which I need to prove or dis-prove anything; I feel it's more a matter of trust between people, and that is something that only those two could sort out. So I chose to stay quiet.

I was on the phone with the boyfriend this morning and he was telling me how he thought it would no longer be possible for us to be friends. And so now, we aren't. It is as simple, or as complicated, as that.

PS : It is the 18th of March as I write this, 18 days since I keyed in the above lines. The friendship is intact (I don't know how the guy managed to 'patao' his girlfriend, but he did) and that means my Orkut 'friends' list is in no immediate danger of revision. So yay. And like Shakespeare chacha put it, 'All's well that ends well', non?

No comments: